JANUARY 2011

Please note: Ranch Hag Hens is no longer operating in Petaluma, CA.

For natural, organic, non-toxic, humane and eco-friendly supplies and treats for your backyard chickens please visit Treats for Chickens. Sign up for their newsletter and read the blog to receive great promotions, coupons and ..well, ...treats for your chickens.

Sonoma County and Surrounding Area:
Please contact Jane at Split Rail Family Farms in Penngrove for your backyard chickens.



Eggs for Sale

A limited number of fresh chicken eggs available.
Located in Weed, CA.

Assorted browns, green, blue, beige - some tinted pink. Free ranged, organic fed happy ladies.

12-pak/$6.00

info@treatsforchickens.com

Saturday, May 9, 2009

What is that Smell?

Guess who got sprayed by a skunk at 7am this morning. Yep, right between the eyes.
I saw it all in slow motion. AND, let me tell you....I stink. Two showers and a full bottle of Bloody Mary Mix later and I still smell like I just got dug-up.

What prompted my little meeting with my furry black and white friend? He/She ate three of my precious little pullets the night before. Chomped their heads off and left the rest for me to look at in horror.

Well, with three little funerals behind me and two long showers ago...I'm off to vaccinate more chicks for Marek's. I need to get outside and let Mother Nature help me with my stench.

1 comment:

  1. Oh-My-Goodness! You poor thing, did you use vinegar? It really cuts the smell.

    ReplyDelete